Top 5 Gifts For Your Boss
Christmas is known as a time of giving, but there are some things employers appreciate all year round. Here is a list of the top five.
1. Cooperation. Unfortunately, some employees have an ‘us against them’ thought process when they should adopt a ‘we’re all in this together’ mentality. A company is a team and working as a cohesive member of that team is the best way for everyone to achieve success.
2. Focus. Staying on task can be a struggle when there are so many things, like chatty co-workers and cell phones, to distract us. Some days, it may be hard to complete everything on your list due to these interruptions. Finding a way to ensure your time is as productive as possible really can make a big difference in your productivity and your team lead is sure to notice.
3. Punctuality. While being five minutes late or leaving a little early a couple of times a week might not seem like a big deal, it clearly demonstrates where your priorities lie. There are, of course, times when it can’t be avoided, however, your employer is paying you for your time and deserves a full workday.
4. Refraining from gossip. Especially in an industry as small as ours, gossip travels fast and can ruin the reputation of a company or an individual. It can also create a hostile work environment. My advice is to think before speaking and not allow a small, personality conflict to fester into something much worse.
5. A good attitude. Being at the office may not always be how you wish you could spend your time, however, your company is giving you a career and a way to support yourself and your family. A good attitude demonstrates your gratefulness for the opportunity they are providing. It can also make your workday more pleasant and helps to foster a better environment for your co-workers.
At Commercial Finance Consultants, we truly believe that people are the most valuable asset a company can have. Organizations that take care of their employees understand this. If your current employer doesn’t reward the attributes listed above, then there is a good chance they don’t appreciate you either.
If you find yourself in this situation, give us a call today. We specialize in helping place quality candidates at top-notch companies. Even if you’re just curious about what options are open to you, don’t hesitate to reach out. It would be our pleasure to start a dialogue with you that could lead to 2023 being your best year ever!